Monday 16 May 2016

SmallWorld

A friend of mine recently commissioned a drawing of our little group of friends playing the board game SmallWorld together. What a fun challenge!

I started off by drawing our living room, where the board game playing usually takes place: 


Then, sat on the sofa, I drew my boyfriend as a skeleton: 


One friend I decided to draw a wise mage, and myself I turned into an elf: 


The commissioner himself got to be the evil sorcerer: 


I then added the background and, of course, the actual board game: 


I love watching my drawings slowly come to life as I add colour after colour (it's the best feeling): 


That's the colouring part done with: 


And here's the end result: 


I thoroughly enjoyed creating this drawing, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more commissions like this one in the future!


Have you ever played SmallWorld? 



No comments:

Post a Comment