Sunday 13 March 2016

An attempt at drawing Adam Scott


If you've been following me on Facebook you've probably noticed how I have a thing for people. I love drawing people, and especially people with interesting faces. Adam Scott is one person whose face I find interesting, and since I've been watching a lot of both Parks and Recreation and Party Down lately, I thought I'd have a go at drawing him. Again. Because I've tried before. Several times. And each time I've failed miserably. Adam Scott has a very defined and easily caricaturable face, and should thus be easy peasy to draw, right? 


Nope. Nuh-uh. I don't know what it is about him, but I never really manage to make him look like himself. This time I felt I was so close to actually catching him on paper, only to realise that I'd made him look like Adam Scott with a hint of Simon Cowell (especially in the photo below) and a pinch of David Tennant (is it the hair?).


 But at the same time he kind of looks like himself. I mean, you can probably tell that it's supposed to be Adam Scott if I tell you that it's supposed to be Adam Scott, right? 


-

What do you think? Does it look like Adam Scott to you? Have you ever had a similar experience when trying to draw someone?

2 comments:

  1. Innan jag läste texten och bara kollade bilderna tänkte jag "Jag har ingen aning om vem Adam Scott är men det ser ut som Ben"! Så du har helt klart lyckats :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, Alicia, kommentaren din made my day. :D <3

      Delete