Monday 6 June 2016

Experimenting with ink

Last autumn I bought a bottle of ink. It was on list of stuff I was recommended to buy for the art class I'd signed up for, but for some reason we never actually got around to using it, so the bottle's been left untouched. Until now, that is!

I wanted to start off with something not too complicated, so I figured some simple line work would do the trick. Began with a pencil sketch, as per usual: 



I then jumped straight to the colouring. I really enjoyed colouring the pencil sketch - that's something I rarely ever do!


Then I brought out the ink, and the finest pencil I had available: 


… And started painting! 



The final result: 


I don't know if you can really tell that I've used ink and pencil rather than a regular pen liner, but personally I do feel there is a difference! 


What is your experience with pencil and ink?

1 comment:

  1. Men så lustigt! Härom veckan fick jag en flaska bläck av en kompis som aldrig kommit till skott att använda den, och jag som aldrig experimenterat med bläck satt precis nu på lunchen och gjorde mina första bläckillustrationer OCH tänkte på dig haha! Det var nämligen så häftigt hur otroligt jämn och fin färgen blev, och jag tänkte att det borde vara ett bra verktyg när en färglägger så stora ytor som du ofta gör. Ett så knasigt sammanträffande! Och vad inspirerad jag blev att köpa fler färger på bläck sen...! ;D

    ReplyDelete