Saturday 30 April 2016

Magical self portrait


It should come as no surprise that I'm a serious Potterhead. And, as every other self-respecting Potter fan, I know which house I belong in. Every sorting hat test I've ever taken has placed me in Hufflepuff, which suits me perfectly. I'm proud to be a Hufflepuff!

For a long time I've been wanting to draw myself into the universe of J.K. Rowling, and this week I finally got around to doing just that. I tried to incorporate as many magical references as I found fitting, including the Hogwarts greenhouse, Hagrid's hut, the Forbidden Forest, the Whomping Willow, the Quidditch Pitch...


As well as several magic plants, including a mimbulus mimbletonia, some gillyweed and a sleeping mandrake!


I really wish I could've made a step-by-step post of this drawing, but sadly our memory card went missing (don't worry, we managed to find it again!). Still, I'm too pleased with this drawing not to share it with you. I had an awful lot of fun composing this drawing, adding all the details and dreaming of what it would be like to be a student at Hogwarts. It probably took me a good 5-6 hours to finish this piece (if not more), but it was worth every minute. 


Are you a fellow Potterhead? If so, which house are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment